Instead of being used for gaming, the PS4 may support Netflix and Hulu. These are streaming services. But a web connection is absolutely necessary for these services.
Hulu and PS4 compatibility issues may occur. That is due to a few factors. The main factors that can cause streaming services like Hulu to halt are internet connectivity, software updates, application data, and limited storage space.
Why Does Hulu Keep Freezing On My PS4?
The top premium streaming service, Hulu, offers live and recorded TV shows and movies, both inside and outside of the home, both with and without ads.
Sometimes the console can’t detect the fed data. That’s why Hulu failed to work on the PS4. There are many reasons behind this specific issue.
- Internet Connection Problems
To access Hulu, you can only use an Internet connection. So if there is any fault in the internet connection due to atmospheric changes, the console is out of range, or the internet data is not sufficient, whatever it is, it will become a reason for Hulu not working on PS4.
- App or System Updates
For the perfect working of anything, it demands the latest version of the software. If it is an app, the app should be updated, and if it is a system, it should have updated software. Outdated apps or software can interrupt the working of Hulu.
- Cache and Data Issues
For the effective working of every application, it needs sufficient storage space. An excessive amount of app cache and unwanted saved data will reduce storage space and may make it difficult to launch various services and, consequently, applications.
- Account or Subscription Problems
Hulu is a legal streaming service that needs authentication and a subscription to work properly. If the subscription period is over or there is any malfunction detection on your account, Hulu will stop working.
Hulu Not Working on PS4
Here are some fixes that will guide you in trying to fix the issue.
Power Cycle PS4 Console
Like most devices that are always on, the PlayStation can benefit from a power cycle to repair common issues.
- By pushing the power button, turn off the PS4.
- Allow your gadget to turn off.
- Please remove it from its power source.
- Permit the device to take a break for 10 to 15 minutes. Let the console drain all the leftover energy by holding the power button.
- Attach the power supply and switch on the PS4.
- Open Hulu and check it working properly now.
Check Your Internet Connection
It is very important that the PS4 has a proper internet connection to launch and activate any online apps like Hulu. So you should test your internet connection.
Always prefer the home WIFI connection to prevent a disconnect due to range.
- Open the settings option on your PS4.
- Choose a network, and then go to set up a network connection.
- Click on WiFi and select Easy.
- Go to the house WiFi and enter the password.
- Let the PS4 connect with WiFi.
If you already connected the PS4 with WiFi, then also Hulu is not working. Check the internet connection.
- Figure out that the connection to the internet is operational. Connect a different device, such as a phone or a laptop, to the same network and use it to view Hulu.
- Check if the PS4 is connected to the network. It’s conceivable that the connection has failed. In this situation, go to the PS4 settings and reconnect to the network.
- Ascertain that the PS4 is receiving adequate signal strength and that no interference is present. There should be nothing between your PS4 and your router.
- Ethernet cables can offer better connectivity.
Update the Hulu App
If the Hulu application needs to work properly, it should be updated. Outdated applications can stop the app from working.
- Open the app store on your PS4.
- Then click on the application tab and navigate to already installed.
- Find Hulu and go for the update option.
- Let the app be updated and check whether it is working or not.
Note: Be sure that the power connection is stable while updating.
Clear Hulu App Cache and Data
Expired cookies of the Hulu app may present PS4. Actually, PS4s have their own storage space and can connect external storage devices as well. If unwanted data files are stored on PS4, it will badly affect the streaming of the Hulu application.
So you need to clear those files for the proper functioning of the app.
- Open the PS4 settings menu.
- Navigate to application saved data management.
- Choose saved data in system storage.
- Find Hulu in the list of applications.
- Choose the Options menu.
- Click on delete.
- Reinstall the Hulu application.
Note: This will not affect Hulu badly if it is working with an online account.
Update Your PS4 Software
You need updated PS4 software for it to work properly. For that,
- Open the settings menu on PS4.
- Then select system software updates. If there is a file available for a new version, it will automatically download and install.
Verify Your Hulu Account
Hulu needs an account to access its service without any interference. So you need to check whether that account is still valid or not. You need to pay and subscribe to the app.
- First log in to your Hulu account.
- Go for the subscription section.
- Then choose the option to manage the plan.
- Now you can see that your current plan and its details will be highlighted in green color.
- If the subscription expires. You need to recharge it.
Initialize PS4 Using Safe Mode
The final method that you can use to fix the issues is to initialize PS4 in safe mode. Before this, there are a few things you need to do.
- First, be aware of the process.
- Remove the disc and put the controller on full charge.
- To secure your data, you need to back up.
Then log in to your account for the initialization.
- To switch off your console, simply press and hold the power button for three seconds. The power indicator flashes briefly before switching off.
- Press and hold the power button once more after switching off the console.
- You will hear the first beep when you first click the button, and the second beep will come after seven seconds.
- Wait for 30 seconds to completely shut off the system. Then press and hold the power button on the system. You will get two beeps with a 5-second gap.
- After the second beep, release the button. You will get a notification to connect the controller.
- Connect the controller to the console using the USB cable, and press the PS button on the controller.
- On the screen, one list of options will appear. So select the option to initialize PS4.
- Then hit on the yes option to initialize the PS4.
In conclusion, if you’re experiencing issues with Hulu not working on your PS4, there’s no need to panic.
We’ve explored some common troubleshooting steps in this article to help you get back to enjoying your favorite shows and movies.
Whether it’s checking your internet connection, updating the Hulu app, or clearing cache, these solutions can often resolve the problem.
Remember, technology hiccups happen to the best of us, but with a little patience and the right steps, you’ll be back to binge-watching in no time.