Imagine that you are in a thrilling moment with your favorite game and it gets intercepted by the sudden crashing of your PS4 console. It can be an immense disappointment for you.
Overheating, outdated software, less storage space, and random bugs can cause a sudden crash on your PS4. There are some fixes that can assist in resolving the issue.
Here I am going to explain everything that will help you overcome such a situation.
Why Does My PS4 Keep Crashing And Freezing?
The PS4 keeps crashing for many reasons. Overheating, random bugs, outdated software, and less storage space are the major reasons for PS4 crashes.
If you are using your PS4 for a long time without any rest, it will cause overheating. Even damaged hardware parts cause overheating. This will result in a sudden crash. Poor internet connection
Sometimes you may not notice the new updates to your software. The outdated software may always cause the sudden crashing or freezing of your PS4.
The dust accumulation over the game disk can interfere with the proper reading of the game disk. So the sudden freezing will happen. Faulty hard drives will also cause PS4 crashes.
For the proper and comfortable working of your PS4, you want sufficient storage space. If you store unwanted games or too many files, it will reduce the storage space. So again, this will become a reason for the PS4 crashing.
PS4 Keeps Crashing
There are few easy fixes available to solve this problem. We may proceed into it in detail.
Restart PS4 Console
The primary step that we can execute to fix the problem is to give the PS4 a restart. For this, turn off the console and remove all the power sources.
Let the console rest for a few minutes until it is cool to touch. Then turn it on and continue the play that you stopped.
If the overheating stops after the restart, you have fixed your problem. Then you can use your console without crashing or freezing.
Cool Down Console
The next method to fix the crashing PS4 is to cool down your console.
- Actually, blocking the air vents may cause overheating by restricting the hot air flow from the console to the atmosphere.
- Here, you can use a small air pump or a soft, small brush gently to remove the dust associated with the air vents. Hose-attached vacuum cleaners can also help to remove the dust.
- Your room temperature is an important factor in overheating. So check your room temperature.
- If your room temperature is high, move your console to a normal-temperature room or use a PS4 cooling stand to protect your console from overheating.
- For proper functioning and to prevent overheating, sufficient airflow is mandatory. So be sure that the console is not placed in an enclosed space that does not have any airflow.
- Keep your PS4 out of the other electrical devices and airflow impediments.
Clean Game Disc
Unclean or damaged game discs cause sudden crashing or freezing of the PS4. so you need to clean and maintain your game disc properly.
- Clean the disc with a gentle, lint-free cloth. This will help prevent the disc from scratching. Start the cleaning process gently from the center point and progress towards the edges.
- To remove excess moisture, use a dry, soft cloth and follow the same method. Don’t use any harsh chemicals.
- Clean water, disc cleaning solution, diluted isopropyl, and equal parts water and isopropyl are safe to use for cleaning the disc.
- If mandatory, prefer to clean your disc. But be very careful while cleaning. Rough handling can cause damage and scratches to the disc.
- My opinion is to replace the disc with a new one if your PS4 keeps crashing.
Note: This can apply if you used a game disc while crashing the PS4. If you are using the digital version to play games, then you can skip this method.
Free Some Space On Console
The console will crash due to low storage space. If we store unwanted data or files, it will reduce the storage space. If the storage space is full, it will delay or prevent the proper working of the console. So to fix the issue, you need to free up some space.
Using PS4 Controller
To free up space, delete unwanted games. For that flow, follow the below-given steps.
- Go to the library icon. Open it by clicking on it.
- You will get an option for games; select it.
- You can see a list of all the games that are installed.
- Then select the game that you need to delete. There will be a list of options available.
- From the options, select the delete option.
- You’ll find an alert that says, “You can download it again from the library.”
- Click ok. Now it has been deleted, and you have free space as well.
Using System Settings
- Check your system’s storage space. Navigate to settings and click the storage option.
- Go to system storage. Select applications.
- When it opens, you can select which one you need to delete. Select it, and you can see the option on the side.
- Choose the delete option. Now it has been deleted, and you have free space.
- Another method is, from the system storage options, to select a capture gallery, select any unwanted game, and you can see the clips of your games, select them, and click on the delete option.
Note: You can move all the clips to your phone. Then you can save all the clips and free up the system space as well.
Using USB Storage
- Connect your USB storage to your PS4 console.
- Then open settings. Go to the option application saved data management.
- Choose saved data in system storage. From the menu, select copy to a USB storage device.
- Now you can select a game. Click to mark the tick next to the data that you need to copy, or you can select all.
- Then choose a copy. If the data that you tried to copy is already on the USB, it will show you a message saying, “Do you want to overwrite this saved data”.
Note: The date and time in the data will help identify the most recent one. Select yes to replace, and select no to cancel the copy.
Update PS4 Console Software
For Auto Updation
- Go to the settings menu. Choose power-saving settings.
- Then select the set of features available in reset mode. Choose to stay connected to the internet. Then select the option to enable turning on PS4 from the network.
- Go back to the settings menu and choose the system option, followed by the automatic download option.
- Check system software update files and also check the option to allow restart. This can restart a system that is in rest mode.
- Check the option application update file.
- Then press and hold the PS button to find the menu with the power option. Select enter rest mode.
- The console will turn to rest mode.
- Navigate to the settings menu.
- Choose the system software update.
- If any updates are available, they will automatically download.
What To Do If PS4 Crashes?
- Allow the PS4 to cool.
- Game disc cleanup.
- Restart your PS4 system.
- Clear some PS4 storage space.
- Install software and game updates.
- Look for errors on the hard disk.
- Software defaults should be restored.
How Do I Fix Error Code CE 34878 0 On Ps4?
This problem is usually resolved by restarting the game. You can also try rebooting your console. If you continue to receive CE-34878-0 problems, make sure your PlayStation system software and the game you’re playing are both up to date.
Why Is My Ps4 Crashing And Overheating?
If the vents are obstructed or there isn’t enough space between them and other items, your PS4 could become too hot. If the PS4 is heavily dust-filled, it will also frequently overheat. Inadequate hardware might also have an impact, as can the temperature in your space.
The sudden crash of your PS4 can be easily managed with the above methods. But if the fixes don’t solve your problem, you are in need of a better consultant and better service from the authorized service centers.
- Keep your console clean and maintain it properly; it can prevent the console from overheating.
- Keep updating your console software.
- Don’t waste the storage space with unwanted files.
- Keep your console in a comfortable place.