Welcome to our helpful guide on troubleshooting the Razer Blackshark V2 Mic Not Working issue.
If you’re facing microphone problems with your Razer Blackshark V2 headset, worry not! We’ll walk you through potential solutions to get your mic up and running again.
Let’s dive in and fix it together!
Razer Blackshark V2 Mic Not Working Common Causes
So basically every problem has some predefined causes from that we face this irritating issues, some common cause for not working of mic are listed below:
- Damaged Microphone
The first common cause is damaged microphone. If your microphone is damaged internally then it will be a reason for mic issues.
It can arise due to physical damage, such as broken wires or a loose connection, or internal microphone component failing.
- Mic Is Disabled
Another cause is that the mic is disabled. In your system settings if the mic is manually disabled then this will be the issue to this problem. Or else if your mic is not connected properly or has some loose connection then this can also be a reason for mic functioning.
- Corrupted Driver
When a driver becomes corrupted, it can result in the defective or complete lack in power to allow the microphone to function properly. When the driver responsible for managing the microphone’s functionality becomes corrupted or outdated, it can result in a malfunctioning microphone.
10 Way To Fix Razer Blackshark V2 Mic Not Working
From several solutions there are some solutions listed below with steps from where you can solve your problem easily.
Uninstall 7.1 Surround Sound App
If your Razer BlackShark V2 headphone mic does not work as you want or is not working properly, then you may need to uninstall the 7.1 Surround Sound app.
Because sometimes this program could interfere with some functionality of the microphone and cause an issue with audio settings.
By deleting the program, you can prevent any conflicts and allow the system’s normal audio settings to work properly with the headset.
- Click on the start button, from there you will set the search bar.
- Search for your 7.1 Surround Sound razer device. You will get software which is present in your system simply uninstall it by right clicking on that.
- When you click right on razer then you will get the option i.e Uninstall from there uninstall that.
- After this go to the search bar and type device manager to open the device manager.
- In device manager you will get the audio input and output select the option.
- Select the microphone option and from there select the update driver option.
Ensure The Volume Is Not Set Low/Zero
Ensure that the microphone volume is not set too low or at zero. Look at below steps to get desired output.
- Go to the start button and in the search bar type for Audio settings. This will open the audio settings in your device.
- After opening the audio setting you will be able to set the proper volume which you want.
- From there check that your volume is not set at zero or not low.
- If your volume is set at zero or in low then increase the volume this might help to solve your issue.
Check Microphone Is Connected Properly
Make sure that the mic is properly connected to the headset and check that the cable is not damaged internally or externally or loose.
Also check that your systems connecting ports are in proper condition because this can also lead to this issue.
So plug your microphone properly to the system’s port. By connecting your microphone properly can eliminate issues related to your mic.
Try On Other PC
If you have access to another PC, try to connect your headset to another pc because sometimes connecting ports (headphone jack) are defected, so if you have defected ports then by trying another PC will detect the issue.
- Disconnect the Razer Blackshark V2 headset from your current PC.
- Connect the headset to the other PC using the appropriate ports.
- On the other PC, follow the same steps you would normally take to use the headset’s microphone (e.g., adjusting audio settings, testing with different applications).
- Test the microphone on the other PC by speaking into it and checking if the audio is being picked up correctly.
Set Razer BlackShark V2 As Default
One of the way to fix the issue for mic is not working is to set the Razer BlackShark V2 as the default audio device on your computer, follow these steps:
- In your device screen Go to the start button and search for the sound setting in the search bar.
- Search for more sound settings and click on that.
- After this in more sound settings you will get the option of available devices.
- Look for the Razer BlackShark V2 headset in the list.
- Click on Razer BlackShark V2 to set it as a playback device.
Update Headphone Driver
Sometimes outdated drivers can be the root cause for this issue. If you try all the options but not get any solution then check for updates. You might try updating the audio driver to keep your gaming headset running at peak performance.
There are two options to update your headphone drive:
1. Manually and 2. Automatically.
- Open your preferred browser and search for a manufactured website.
- Or you can refer to a driver easy site for this.
- In the site you will find the option manually for update. Select that option
- From there download and install the latest driver.
- But in some cases if you don’t have proper knowledge of computers then avoid this method, because it is time consuming.
- Open your browser and search for the website Driver Easy.
- In the website you will find the Auto Update option to update your driver.
- From there update your driver.
- After this, run the Driver Easy and click on the button i.e “Scan now”.
- Click on update Option. This option will provide the list of all connected audio devices from there you will need to click on the update button which is present in front of your device.
- Or you will click on update all.
- Now restart your computer and check for it.
Try Windows Troubleshooter
If you need to fix difficulties with your Razer BlackShark V2 headset, using the Windows Troubleshooter can be helpful. The Windows Troubleshooter can be used in the following ways:
- In your computer’s right corner, find the sound icon, and right-click on that icon and select the option “Troubleshoot sound problem”.
- You will get the type bar in that type your issue with mic this will help you to find problem and solution.
- This will answer your questions and below you will also get the contact support option.
- If this will not work click on contact support option.
Uninstall Razer Synapse
Even using the most recent drivers and the best sound settings, the Razer software may stop working with your headset. Therefore, you might need to give this strategy a try to see whether it resolves your Razer BlackShark audio issue.
- In your keyboard press the Windows Key plus R, This will open a run box.
- A search bar will pop out, in the search bar write appwiz.cpl and proceed ahead.
- You will get a list of software from there in the search bar search for Razer Synapse and right click on Razer synapse to uninstall it.
- From the website download the latest software and complete the installation.
How Do I Set Up My Blackshark V2 Mic?
Your PC and the Razer BlackShark V2 headset should be connected. Choose the BlackShark V2 microphone as the default recording device in the Sound options. Use the microphone after adjusting the volume. If required, configure further options.
Why Wont My Razer Headset Mic Work?
Possible reasons for your Razer headset microphone not working could be: loose connections, muted microphone, outdated drivers, incorrect settings, or hardware issues. Troubleshoot by checking connections, adjusting settings, updating drivers, and contacting support if needed.
There are various maintenance methods you may do if you’re having microphone issues with your Razer BlackShark V2 headset.
Checking the microphone connection, altering volume settings, trying the headset on another PC, establishing it as the default audio device, updating headphone drivers, using Windows Troubleshooter.
And uninstalling conflicting tasks such as the 7.1 Surround Sound app or Razer Synapse are some of these options.
You should be able to resolve the microphone issue and enjoy uninterrupted communication when gaming or using your headset for other activities if you follow these procedures.
I hope you will get all solutions to their problems and be able to communicate well.