When you’re playing a game and enjoying your videos and suddenly you’re not able to hear any sound, that situation is very irritating and we all want to overcome this type of issue.
In order for you to resume enjoying your media in peace, I’ll go over some of the best ways to diagnose and resolve the Asus monitor no sound issue in this article.
A famous website Sound Test Tool can help solve the Monitor No Sound Issue. With this tool, users can quickly diagnose and resolve sound-related problems, ensuring they can enjoy high-quality audio from their monitor.
You can identify the issue’s primary cause and implement the necessary solutions by following the steps listed below.
Causes Of Asus Monitor No Sound Issue
If you’re experiencing an ASUS monitor with no sound issue, there can be several underlying causes.
1. Loose Cable Connection
Firstly check that your cables are connected properly to your monitor because loose cables can be one of the main reasons.
2. Damaged Cable Or Monitor
If your cables are damaged, the cables are not in a condition to transmit the audio properly. And from this, you may not be able to hear a sound.
3. Out-Dated Device Drivers
An outdated or corrupted driver may not be able to communicate properly with the monitor’s speaker, which affects the sound
4. Unstable Power Supply
If a problem is in your power supply then it can affect the sound. If your monitor is not getting sufficient power, it can not properly produce sound.
5. Damaged Media File
There may be no sound coming from the monitor’s speakers if the audio file being played is damaged.
6. Hardware Issue
Sometimes amplifier and speaker are themselves damaged and they can cause no sound issue. Hek your hardware first and try to fix the hardware issue.
7. Monitor Or Headset Sound Muted
Sometimes, the monitor or headset sound can be muted, resulting in no sound from the monitor or headset.
8. Improper Sound Setting
Improper sound settings can also be a cause of the ASUS monitors no sound issue. Adjust the sound setting to ensure the sound is properly directed to the monitor’s speaker.
Ways To Fix Asus Monitor No Sound Issue
There are several ways to fix the ASUS monitor with no sound issue. Some solutions are listed below.
1. Verification Of Audio Compatibility
Check your audio Compatibility.
- Use external speakers or headphones because not all Asus monitor comes with speakers.
- Check the audio cables connecting your computer to the monitor.
To verify if your Asus monitor has inbuilt speakers, follow these steps:
- Look for the monitor’s user manual.
- Check the monitor’s specifications.
- Look for a speaker icon on the monitor.
2. Restart Asus Monitor
Here are the steps to restart your Asus monitor to try and fix the no-sound issue:
- Turn off your device.
- Unplug the power cable.
- For 10 to 15 seconds, hold down the monitor’s power button.
- Connect the monitor’s power cable to it.
3. Check The Cable Connection
Here are some steps to check the cable connection and fix the issue:
- Securely attach the audio cable to both your computer’s Asus monitor.
- Make sure that you have also connected a separate audio cable from your computer’s audio to the audio on your monitor.
- Try using a different audio cable to see if the issue is with the cable itself.
- Check the audio input settings on your monitor
- Check the audio output settings on your computer to ensure that the sound is outputting to the correct device.
4. Replace The Damaged Cable
If you have determined that the audio cable is damaged or faulty and causing the no sound issue with your Asus monitor, the best solution is to replace the cable.
5. Update Device Drivers
Here are the steps to update device drivers on your computer:
- To Open the device manager, right-click on the Windows Start button
- To see more options, select the option.
- Select “Update driver.”
- Select the option to automatically search for updated driver software.
- Follow the steps provided to install the updated driver software if an update is available.
6. Maintain Power Supply
Connect your power cable properly to the monitor. Less power supply can affect the transmission of sound.
7. Check the Media File
Here are the steps to check media files:
- Ensure that the volume is not muted or turned all the way down.
- Try playing a different media file with sound to see if the issue persists.
- Check the file format of the media file you are trying to play.
- Check the audio settings on the media player you are using.
8. Solve Hardware Or Software Issues
Here are some hardware and software issues that can cause no sound problems on an Asus monitor:
- Damaged or faulty audio cables
- Malfunctioning audio jacks on the monitor
- Damaged or malfunctioning internal audio components in the monitor
- Issues with the sound card on the computer
- Out-dated or incompatible device drivers for the audio components
- Corrupted or outdated audio settings or configurations
- Malware or viruses affecting the computer’s audio functions
- Conflicts between different software and applications that use audio functions.
9. Check The Sound Status Of The Headset And Monitor
Here are some steps to check the sound status of the headset and monitor:
- Check the connection of the headset to the audio jack on the Asus monitor.
- Check the volume levels on the headset itself, as well as the volume levels on the Asus monitor.
- Try using a different headset or a different audio device to see if the issue persists.
- Try plugging the headset directly into the computer’s audio jack or using a USB audio adapter.
10. Set Sound Setting
Here are some steps to set the sound settings on your Asus monitor:
- Click “sound” from the control panel.
- Select the “Playback” tab and locate the Asus monitor in the list of playback devices.
- Select the Asus monitor and click on “Properties“.
- If you are using an HDMI or Display Port cable to connect your Asus monitor to your computer, ensure that the correct audio output is selected in the sound settings.
11. Run The Sound Trouble-Shooter
Here are some steps to run the sound troubleshooter:
- Select “Troubleshooting“, from the control panel.
- Next, click on hardware and sound, and after that click on Troubleshoot audio playback.
- Follow the prompts in the troubleshooter to diagnose and resolve any issues with the audio playback.
12. Try Disabling Sound Enhancement
Here are some steps to disable sound enhancement:
- Open the control panel for accessing the “sound setting”.
- Select the Asus monitor in the list of playback devices and click on “Properties“.
- Select the “Enhancements” tab and check the box next to “Disable all sound effects“.
- Apply changes and select ok to save changes.
What To Do If None Of The Above Solution Work?
Before anything else, make sure the sound settings for the programs you’re using aren’t muted or on low.
Another choice is to try connecting your computer’s audio port or an audio cable to your Asus monitor in a different location.
Contact Asus Service Centre
If none of the above solutions work for fixing the no-sound issue with your Asus monitor, and you have already tried additional troubleshooting steps, the next step would be to contact Asus Service Centre.
- Contact number: 877-339-2787
- Email: [email protected]
How Do I Unmute My Asus Monitor?
To unmute your Asus monitor, you can use the physical buttons on the monitor itself or adjust the settings in the operating system of your computer.
Does HDMI Support Monitor?
Yes, HDMI supports monitor connectivity.
Why Asus Monitor Not Unmute?
There could be several reasons why an Asus monitor may not unmute, including:
- The sound settings on the monitor are incorrect or muted.
- The audio cable or HDMI cable connecting the monitor to the computer is not properly connected or is damaged.
- The audio driver on the computer is outdated or malfunctioning.
Why Is Asus Monitor Speaker Crackling?
The Asus monitor speaker may crackle due to issues with the audio cable, drivers, or power supply. It could also be caused by interference from nearby electronic devices or the audio settings on your computer.
The ASUS monitor’s no sound issue can be caused by various factors, including damaged or lose cables, outdated drivers, and damaged media files.
However, you can quickly troubleshoot and resolve the issue by complying with these steps. It is advised to get in touch with Asus customer support if the issue continues for more help.