We noticed that many users of Asus Laptop have been complaining that the sound is not working on the Asus Laptops, especially with Windows 10/11.
There are a couple of reasons that prevent the working of sound on Asus Laptops. Corrupted media files, the format of the media file not being suitable with the platform, hardware issues, wrong volume settings, and outdated audio drive are some common reasons for the issue.
In some situations, the sound of the system can be muted by mistake. Then you don’t hear any sound from the system.
Fix Sound Not Working On Asus Laptop
Here we are going to introduce a few easy fixes for the sound not working on laptop issues.
Check Your Volume Setting
The first thing that you are supposed to do is, check your laptop volume settings. Mostly the volume may be muted mistakenly. But we won’t need to be aware of this. So we need to unmute it if it is muted mistakenly. For that,
- On the right side of your screen, there is a speaker icon on the taskbar. Right-click on the speaker icon and select the Open volume mixer menu.
- You can see a new window with a few options on the screen. There you can quickly identify the volume status of all the applications and devices.
- So, here you can alter the volume range and unmute if the system sound is muted.
- Once you finish the adjustments, then play any video to check that the sound not working issues have been resolved.
The Asus laptops also provide a shortcut method to unmute the access of sound drives if they get muted accidentally.
Just press together the Fn key and the functions key, which is labeled with the speaker symbol.
Discover our speaker sound test tool to ensure your speakers are functioning correctly. This diagnostic tool helps identify and resolve any issues with your audio output, guaranteeing optimal speaker performance for an immersive sound experience.
Troubleshoot Hardware Issue
The next technique that you can use is troubleshooting hardware issues. That means you need to check the speakers or headphones that are connected to the laptop are working properly.
If you are using headphones with USB cables, you can try other USB ports to ensure that the issue is not with the speaker.
There should not be any loose contacts with the connections and the ports that are used to connect the external speakers and headphones should be proper ones.
To confirm that the speakers and the headphones are working, just use those with another laptop and check whether it is working or not.
Set Default Audio Device
For Windows 10
- On the right side of your screen, there is a speaker icon on the taskbar. Right-click on the speaker icon and select the sound option.
- Go to the playback tab and choose the device that you need to set as default.
- Then select the option Set Default.
- Just click on the OK button, which will help to save the adjustments, and to complete the process. Then close the window.
For Windows 11
- Here first you need to click on the start menu to open the menu. Then click on the settings option.
- You can use a shortcut to access the settings directly by pressing the “Windows key and I” together to open the Settings menu.
- Then choose the “System Option” from the list of options and select “Sound” from the list of options displayed on the right side.
- Then open the “Advanced Section” and choose the option “More Sound Settings”.
- Now you need to choose your preferred device and select the “Set Default option”.
Note: If the device that you choose to set as default is already assigned as default, then the option Set Default won’t be displayed.
Disable Audio Enhancements
This is another method to solve the sound not working issues on the Asus Laptop. If the audio enhancement is enabled on the laptop, sometimes it can lead to issues related to the working of sound.
In such conditions, I suggest you disable that option temporarily and just check whether the issue is solved or not.
For Windows 10
- On the right side of your screen, there is a “Speaker Icon” on the taskbar. Right-click on the speaker icon and select the “Sound Option”.
- Then open the “Playback” tab.
- Execute right-click on the “Default Voice” and choose the “Properties” option.
- You can see the “Enhancement” tab. Under that find the “Disable” all enhancements option and click it.
- Just click on the OK button, which will help to save the alteration, and to complete the process. Then close the window.
For Windows 11
- From the keyboard, Press the “Windows key and I” at a time to access the “Settings” menu.
- A set of options will be displayed on the left side. Just choose the “Sound” option.
- Then select “All Sound Devices” under the “Advanced” section.
- Then find and choose the device that you are using.
- You can see an option for Audio enhancements with a dropdown box. Click the dropdown box and select the “Off” option.
Close all the windows and just check whether the sound not working is solved or not.
If you are using an outdated audio drive, sound not working issues will occur. You can manually update the audio driver.
- Execute a right-click on the “Start Menu” to open a list of options.
- Then choose the “Device Manager” option from the list of options.
- Just click the option “Audio Inputs and the Outputs” to open.
- Then right-click on your “Default Audio Driver” and choose the option “Update Drive Software”.
- Now you need to choose the option Search automatically for Updated drive software.
- You need to restart your system.
Please ensure to check if the sound is functioning correctly.
How Do I Get The Sound Back On My Asus Laptop?
A quick step that you can carry out is, Just press together the Fn key and function key (Sound icon) which is labeled with the speaker symbol. If the sound of the system is muted accidentally, it will help to unmute the sound.
Why Is There No Sound On My Asus Laptop Zoom?
If the microphones, headphones, or speakers that you are using with the system are not properly connected, then it won’t work. So just unplug those devices and plug them in again to make sure that the connection is proper.
If you are using a Bluetooth device, make sure that the device is properly connected and the device is inside the Bluetooth range. You should use a USB device that is supported with the Zoom.
Why Does My Laptop Suddenly Have No Sound?
This may be due to a hardware problem. It can happen if you are using outdated or malfunctioning drivers. Keep up to date on your audio driver if it is mandatory. If the updated driver is not working properly, you can uninstall it and it can reinstall automatically. If that is also not working try to use the generic audio driver that is received with the Windows.
If the laptop stops working suddenly while we are enjoying a video, it will be disturbing. But we described a few reasons for the issues and some effective techniques that can help you to solve the issue.
Mainly, the outdated audio drive, improper connection of hardware like external speakers and headphones, the mistake in default audio settings, and accidentally muted volume option can cause sound not to work properly.
A few techniques I mentioned with step-by-step processes for both Windows 10 and 11 software. But if those techniques didn’t help you to solve the issue, then you can contact the Asus customer care for the proper support and guidance.
I hope the article will help you to solve the issue.