Almost everyone can relate when one side of your earbuds stops working. It is troublesome, and even premium quality manufacturers like Onn Earbuds are prone to this issue.
The working problem can be due to any possible reason such as physical wear and tear or software issues that affect their functioning.
In this article, we will learn about how to fix onn earbuds one side not working issue using simple solutions which can be adapted by the user to improve and resolve their challenge.
So, without waiting any further, let us dive right into the article.
Causes Of One Side Onn Earbuds Not Working
Below are some of the main reasons that cause malfunction owing to either side of the Onn Earbuds.
1. Physical Damage
Physical damage due to sudden falls or excessive pressure can cause either side to become unresponsive to your inputs.
In such a case, users must get their earbuds repaired or replaced to continue to enjoy seamless audio quality.
2. Connection Issue
Earbuds by Onn offer Bluetooth connectivity features for a hassle-free and wire-free experience for the users.
However, there can be some issues with the connectivity, which can cause either side to perform strangely. Resetting the connection can help resolve the issue.
3. Low Battery
One of the most common issues related to the device is the low battery condition.
Ensure that the battery level on both earbuds is optimum or fully charged to deliver quality audio results to cater to your needs.
4. Manufacturing Defect
It is also possible that the issue lies with the hardware associated with the time of manufacturing.
In such conditions, users can claim a warranty for their product and get it replaced or repaired without paying a premium by visiting the nearest service center.
5. Incorrect Audio Setting
One side of the earbuds may perform strangely due to the adjustment of incorrect audio settings on the device.
You must restore the default settings or adjust the new settings accordingly to fix any bugs or glitches causing the issue.
6. Software Issue
There can be other issues related to the software such as outdated firmware version or mismanaged sound balance that can cause the earphones to malfunction.
These problems can be adjusted by tweaking some simple settings on the device.
How To Fix Onn Earbuds One Side Not Working Issue?
Test earbud audio quality using a Headphone Tester Tool. Evaluate factors like frequency response, distortion, and soundstage for optimal performance.
Here are some potential solutions that can help fix the Onn earbuds functionality issue and improve your productivity.
1. Clean Earbuds
- Either side of the earbuds can become unresponsive due to the accumulation of particles. It is essential to clean them at regular intervals using a dry cloth or a cotton swab to allow you to fix the sound quality and elevate your experience.
- Users can also try rubbing alcohol to wipe out the surface of the earbuds using a damp cloth.
- It is also vital to take precautions such as avoiding placing the earbuds near any form of liquids to prevent them from getting wet causing them to malfunction.
- Avoid using the earbuds while eating as the food can seep down the earpieces and cause you trouble.
2. Check Physical Damage
Checking for any signs of physical damage can help you identify the cause of the issue so that suitable action can be taken per your needs. Look for signs of wear and tear or excessive harm to the earbuds or charging case.
If any such issue is detected, you may need to get it repaired or either replaced if covered under warranty by visiting the nearest service center.
3. Check The Connection Issue
Onn Earbuds are connected to any device using Bluetooth technology. However, due to the presence of multiple connections or other reasons, you can encounter issues with the connection. In such a case, follow the given steps.
- Try pairing up the earbuds with the device by enabling the Bluetooth connection.
- The device will search for nearby connections. Choose the device from the available options and pair it up.
- If the pairing up fails due to any reason, try connecting the earbuds with other devices to check if the issue lies with the earbuds or the device.
- If the earbuds are connected to other devices, the fault lies with your device or vice versa. Head on to the next steps if your issue has not been resolved yet.
4. Charge Battery
Many earbuds malfunction due to low battery issues. Ensure that the battery is fully charged for proper functionality.
To charge the earbuds, place them inside the charging case and turn on charging and check if the problem has been fixed.
You can also check the battery levels using your device notifications. If the low battery sign is visible on the system (denoted by a single flashing bar), you will need to charge them before using them.
A full battery sign will be highlighted with three bars near the top corner.
5. Reset Earbuds
Follow the given steps to reset the Onn Earbuds.
- Before starting the process, disable or turn off both earbuds.
- Press the button on both pieces for around 10 seconds to allow a blinking light to flash.
- Once you see a flash blinking, release the buttons and the device will be reset.
- Pair up the earbuds with the device and see if the problem has been corrected.
6. Try Different Device
Users can also try connecting to a different device to check if the problem lies with the earbuds or the device itself.
To try a different device, unpair the earbuds from the current system by disabling the Bluetooth or turning them off using the buttons.
Once disconnected, enable the Bluetooth connectivity on another device and pair up the earbuds and check if both sides are responding with the same audio quality or not.
7. Check The Audio Setting
Follow the given steps to check if you are using incorrect audio settings that might affect the functioning of the earbuds.
- Pair up the audio tools with your device.
- Double tap on the button located on the earbuds to exit the mono mode, which might be causing this issue.
- Once you tap on the button, the device will shift to stereo mode providing optimum sound quality to cater to your needs.
8. Update Software
The use of outdated firmware versions or software can cause problems with the functioning of the earbuds. Update the software to the latest version using the following steps.
- To update the software version, you need to download the official application on your device and choose the earbuds you wish to update.
- Choose the Update firmware option, and the process to install the latest version will initiate.
- Ensure that you are connected to Wifi or mobile data to download the latest firmware using the Internet.
- Once the update is completed, pair the earbuds again to see if the issue has been resolved.
9. Contact The Service Centre
If you have tried out everything and still haven’t figured out a way to fix the issue, you will have to contact the Onn service center for more details.
You can contact them at Contact No: (844) 334-2355 or email them at [email protected] during working hours, 10 Am to 5 Pm.
Users can also visit the official website https://onntvsupport.ca/en for more details.
How Do You Fix Noise Earbuds When Only One Works?
Users can fix their Onn earbuds by following the above-stated steps to resolve their issue. You can choose to update your drivers to the latest version or try cleaning them using a cotton swab per your liking.
Can I Repair The Onn Earbuds Myself, Or Do I Need Professional Help?
Trying to repair the earbuds on your own is not recommended for most users as it can void the warranty for the device. It is better to seek professional help for better results in less time.
What Is The Lifespan Of Earbuds?
Earbuds last around 1 to 2 years with proper care. With wear and tear the sound quality and experience tend to decrease. Thus, it is ideal to switch to new audio devices once the lifespan ends.
With the help of the discussed solutions, you can fix either side of your earbuds by adjusting some software settings or getting them replaced in case of physical damage.
It is also essential to state that you must avoid trying to repair them on your own as it can affect the warranty policy. Ensure cleaning them frequently to avoid dust settling down around the earbuds.
We hope you liked the article.